VMware Cloud Community
sabrix
Contributor
Contributor

Has anybody found and installed VMware ESX 4.1 Update 3 ?

Hi .I'm a newbie here .A few days ago my boss told me to install a ESX 4.1 update 3 (NOT ESXi !!!) in order to enlarge the old cluster farm (the existing server came  with vmware 4.1 update 1 ).We have  also a new cluster with ESXi but this is another story ,by the way, version ESX 4.1 update 3 is mandatory for us because we use a new hardware (dell) that is not  supported on 4.1 update 1

And since then  my problems started . I was not able  to find this version nowhere !! It isn't on  the Dell site ,it isn't on VMWARE site ,it's not on torrent Smiley Sad  I was able to find only ESXi  ,but I haven't found anything that says that this version is  discontinued ...

So ask you .. but this version has never existed? And if so where can I get it? Please help me .

Greetings from Italy Sabrina

0 Kudos
1 Reply
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

unfortunately VMware announced the End of Availibilty for ESX for August, 15th (see http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2039567), and unless you have a copy of the installation image, you're probably out of luck. I'd ask your hardware vendor/VMware partner or a VMware representative to see whether they can help.

André

0 Kudos