VMware Cloud Community
sbelter
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

HTML console opens and closes immediately

Due to Flash no longer working, I am trying to connect via the HTML console, but as soon as I enter credentials, it looks like it is logging in, then a popup says "session is no longer authenticated" and goes back to login screen. We are on version 6.5

Tried various browsers, deleting cookies, uninstalling 6.5 plugin and rebooting

Any help would be appreciated please.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sbelter
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Alas this did not bring back the console. Tried to reinstall the plug in and simply remove it. Reboots in between, but it still closes immediately on any machine that tries to connect to it. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
asajm
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi @sbelter 

Check this Solution 

If you think your queries have been answered
Marking this response as "Solution " or "Kudo"
ASAJM
0 Kudos
sbelter
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Alas this did not bring back the console. Tried to reinstall the plug in and simply remove it. Reboots in between, but it still closes immediately on any machine that tries to connect to it. 

0 Kudos
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hello.

In environments with old versions of VMware vSphere there is no other option than to use a old browser that supports Adobe Flash Player.

Personally I use the following combination, but only to manage VMware vSphere, to surf the internet I use a more current browser.

Firefox ESR 38.8 (32bits)

Adobe Flash player 29.0.0.113

Both the browser and the flash player must be configured so that they are never updated.

To login using the vSphere Web Client (Flash). You can instead open a Web browser and enter the URL for the vSphere Client: https:// ip_address/ui

To login using the vSphere Web Client (HTML5) , enter the URL: https://ip_address/vsphere-client.

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos
sbelter
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Migrated successfully to a new VCSA instead, as the old server just wasn’t playing ball

0 Kudos