VMware Cloud Community
JohnGibson
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

HP SIM Agent - Qlogic Storage View - ESX 4

Hi im trying to configure the HP SIM Agents on a HP 460 G1/G5 and 680c G5 Blades on ESX 4 hosts.

Ive downloaded the latest Qlogic HBA drivers, qlapi_vmw-v4.00build26.tgz (SNIA API Library for VMware (QLogic) driver v8.02.01-K1-VMW38) and the HP Sim ESX 4 Agent hpmgmt-8.2.5-vmware4x.tar.

I deployed ESX 4. Installed the Qlogic drivers then the HP Sim agent, configured snmpd.conf as it should be including public as a rocommunity.

the HP Sim agents work, and I can logon to the HP Sim web page OK. The qlogic test utility hbaapitest works and shows the Qlogic drivers are working Model QMH2462 and vCenter client shows the Qlogic HBAs in the servers.

The HP Sim agent isnt showing up the HBAs though.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JohnGibson
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Its a bug and will be fixed in a later relase...

0 Kudos
elynema
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone get this working yet?

I see this in the /proc/vmware/version file: qla2xxx Version 8.02.01-k1-vmw39, Build: 175625, Interface: 9.0, Built on: Jul 1 2009.

The QLogic site is showing SNIA API Library for VMware (QLogic) driver v8.02.01-K1-VMW38 as the latest driver.

I suspect the version mismatch is part of the issue. I wonder when a new version is coming out?

0 Kudos
its1
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue: HP SIM agents 3.0 installed, SNMP configured and everything works except the SMH doesn't report the status of the QLogic cards. I also tried installing the libraries from QLogic for v8.02.01-K1-VMW38, but my install of ESX4U1 shows qla2xxx driver 8.02.01-k1-vmw43.

I too suspect the libraries don't match the driver version.

For the respondent who suggested this is a bug - why do you say this? Who is responsible for fixing it?

I would suggest VMWare needs to leverage its relationship with QLogic to release updated libraries publicly.

In the meantime, I have a case open with VMWare: SR# 1468525471

I will respond if I learn anything new...

Cheers, Barnaby

0 Kudos