VMware Cloud Community
dediosj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

!!!!!!HELP !!!!!! No network card detected during instalation ESXI 5.5 in a laptop

Hi,

I want to mount a lab and install in a laptop Lenovo T430 16 GB RAM an ISO image of ESXI 5.5 from the scratch. All seems normally ,BOOT from CD,  copy files from , start services and near the end, appears"network card not found be sure that you have at least a netowrk card connect to the system", There is only the choice to ABORT. Any help ?? The card is an  Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection.

What is strange for me is if I installed a Windows 7, and after the VWworkstation 10, I can install a ESXI 5.5.without problem, same ISO

ANYhelp is welcome !! Smiley Wink

Jesus

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community,

please take a look at http://www.virten.net/2013/09/esxi-5-x-installation-on-intel-nuc-fails-with-no-network-adapters/ for information on how to customize the installation image to recognize your network adapter. When you install ESXi as a VM in VMware Workstation, it's not the physical NIC that's presented to the VM, but a virtual NIC for which ESXi has the drivers built-in.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community,

please take a look at http://www.virten.net/2013/09/esxi-5-x-installation-on-intel-nuc-fails-with-no-network-adapters/ for information on how to customize the installation image to recognize your network adapter. When you install ESXi as a VM in VMware Workstation, it's not the physical NIC that's presented to the VM, but a virtual NIC for which ESXi has the drivers built-in.

André

0 Kudos
dediosj
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Dear André

A+++

Great thanks mate!

0 Kudos
baszek
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

So did you manage to install ESXi on T430 ? I am curious if it is possible to run ESXi 6.5 on T430 ?

0 Kudos