VMware Cloud Community
ilmara
Contributor
Contributor

Error with fresh 5.5 SSO install

Hello,

I'm trying to a install vsphere on a fresh Windows Server 2012. SSO repetitively fails with an obscure problem. All the logs I have are attached.

Is this a known issue?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
raog
Expert
Expert

Can you try deleting the CIS folder, install Vmware-python from the prerequisites folder on the Vsphere media and try again?

I assume all the prerequisites like the machine being on a domain etc is already met.

Regards

Girish

To Virtualization and beyond! PS::If you felt the answer as helpful, please mark it as helpful/answered so that it helps other users as well! Blog:: www.virtualtipsntricks.com
0 Kudos
ilmara
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your answer.

Still failing after deleting the folder and installing python.

As far as I know all prerequisites are met (I attached a screenshot of both summary screen) along with the logs if it helps.

0 Kudos
raog
Expert
Expert

Hmm... a lot of users have reported SSO rollback happening on upgrade from 5.1U1..but your case is that of a fresh install..

Do you have anything in this registry entry? HKLM\SOFTWARE\VMware, Inc.\VMware Infrastructure\SSOServer\FqdnIp

If so, can you make sure its set to your FQDN?

Also is your firewall enabled? Can you try disabling firewall and UAC and then try the install?

Regards

Girish

To Virtualization and beyond! PS::If you felt the answer as helpful, please mark it as helpful/answered so that it helps other users as well! Blog:: www.virtualtipsntricks.com
0 Kudos
ilmara
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I read a few threads related to upgrade issues and tried the various workaround but it didn't help.

Regarding the registry, the "VMware Infrastructure" key does not exist. I've tried with the firewall disabled and UAC turned off but it didn't change anything unfortunately.

0 Kudos
raog
Expert
Expert

From the logs, this looks like its joined to a domain, is the DC also a windows2012 machine(Windows 2012AD)?

Does the nslookup work for both ip and hostname?

Regards

Girish

0 Kudos
ilmara
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, the DC is a 2012 server (with 2012 functionality level).

As for the DNS I had a little reverse issue from the DC. nslookup with both the ip and hostname from the server I'm attempting to install SSO on was working though.

I tried again after fixing this issue from a clean administrator account, but still the same error.

If a workaround works for the 5.1 upgrade I'm tempted to install a 5.1 just for upgrading...

0 Kudos
a_nut_in
Expert
Expert

Check if this helps

vCenter 5.1.0U1b update to 5.5 fails (Error 1603)

Do remember to mark my post as "helpful" or "correct" if I've helped resolve or answer your query!
0 Kudos
ilmara
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your help but it doesn't really help. I'm not upgrading, thus there is no SSL certificate which could be installed, and no registry key.

0 Kudos
raog
Expert
Expert

I would advice to raise this with VMware support. Most of the focus has been on the upgrade issue and now folks seem to be hitting this fresh install issue as well.

Another thread with the same issue...

https://communities.vmware.com/message/2292459#2292459

Regards

Girish

0 Kudos