VMware Cloud Community
ANSA
Expert
Expert

ESXi host takes over an hour to boot up

This is a Proliant BL 450c G7.  I did an upgrade from ESXi 4.1 to ESXi 5.1 Update 1 via update manager.

When the boot process reaches 'vmw_vaaip_hds loaded successfully', it takes more than an hour to finish the boot process.

After the boot process is completed, everything seems fine.

If anyone has experienced this issue and knows of a resolution kindly share with me.

Thanks

2 Replies
rh5592
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Most of the time is due to lots of physical RDMs when using MSCS. Do you happen to have them? If yes, use this kb to resolve it VMware KB: ESXi/ESX hosts with visibility to RDM LUNs being used by MSCS nodes with RDMs may take a ...

Regards. ================================================= "If found useful, kindly mark answers Correct or Helpful " http://rh5592.com =================================================
vfk
Expert
Expert

I agree with Rommel, possibly, you have too many RDM presented.  Also, I would check you have the correct options set on your HDS Lun for VMware.  I cannot remember what options were, but I don't think they on by default.

--- If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points. vfk Systems Manager / Technical Architect VCP5-DCV, VCAP5-DCA, vExpert, ITILv3, CCNA, MCP
0 Kudos