VMware Cloud Community
PAbloNavarro
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi 7.0.3 installation failed at 5%

ESXi_5%_Failed.jpg

Trying to install a fresh ESXi 7.0.3 on a M6 Cisco Blade but I doesn't work.

I tried to reset all parts of blade and chassis to realease the installation but always failed at 5%.

Regards

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Shen88
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

@PAbloNavarro,

If you’re getting an error message that says “failed to format vmfs” during ESXi 7.0.3 installation, it could be due to a several reasons.

One reason could be that there is an issue with the hardware you’re using.
Another reason could be that there is an issue with the ISO file you’re using to install ESXi 7.0.3. You can try downloading a new copy of the ISO file and see if that resolves the issue.
Check how the drives are configured on the RAID controller? Un-configured drives may not be presented to the operating system.

If you think your queries have been answered, Mark this response as "Correct" or "Helpful" and consider giving kudos to appreciate!

Regards,
Shen
0 Kudos
Ariel_M
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, Can u resolve this issue? I have the same problem.

Regards

0 Kudos
tanjilislam
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Have you used the custom ISO to install it? Also, use CIMC to perform the proper RAID configuration and installation.

-Tanjil Islam
If my answer has resolved your problem, please mark it as resolved, or if it has only been a good help, then give me the kudos.
0 Kudos
Ariel_M
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I tried using different file ISO and different OS (esx 7.0.3, esx 6.7, windows server), And the issue persist.

Don't have local disk, the server is a UCS cisco and Lun boot.

Regards

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Please verify that the requirements for SAN boot are met (see https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/7.0/com.vmware.vsphere.storage.doc/GUID-9004389B-E2C0-4BE5...)

In addition to the mentioned VMware documentation, please consult Cisco's SAN boot documentation too.

André

0 Kudos