VMware Cloud Community
bchristopeit
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESXi 6.7 Installation failes on a HPE ProLiant DL20 Gen10

Happy new year everybody. I have a problem with a new HPE ProLiant DL20 Gen10. I have downladed the last HPE Image (VMware-ESXi-6.7.0-Update3-16713306-HPE-Gen9plus-670.U3.10.6.0.83-Oct2020) and tried to install it. I always get the error message:

The following warnings were encountered while parsing the installation script:
warning:/tmp/diskConfig: line 1: The disk (mpx.vmhba32 :C0:T0:L0) specified in install does not support VMFS.
Wait or press enter to continue.

Could anyone help me maybe? Thats the first time I got trouble with this.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
8 Replies
Arvind_Kumar11
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

What type of installation you are trying mate?
Is it scripted or standalone?

0 Kudos
bchristopeit
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I think its scripted. I tried the way with the hp intelligent provisioning. express intall -> usb .... Should I use just the normal USB boot method?

0 Kudos
Arvind_Kumar11
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I had this issue with my DL380s too.. few month back. Intelligent provisioning wasn't allowing me to install.

Then I used update manger & ISO installation methods available as the host was at remote location.

Give a try!

bchristopeit
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I tried to boot from usb. I don't get any error message but the raid isn't availible. I only see my usb stick. Do you know anything about compatibility from the HPE Smart Array S100i SR Gen10? I hate this kind of problems ^^

0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

bchristopeit
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thx for help 🙂

0 Kudos
thgreyprnc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Where did you download that ISO ? Can you send the link by any chance ? I am searching for almost 3 hours now, it is crazy how VMware has the ability to make simple things so complicated. I searched the whole google.. that file is, literally, impossible to find. Only the current/latest version is available.

0 Kudos
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hello.

https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/downloads/info/slug/datacenter_cloud_infrastructure/vmware_vspher...

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos