bchristopeit
Contributor
Contributor

ESXi 6.7 Installation failes on a HPE ProLiant DL20 Gen10

Jump to solution

Happy new year everybody. I have a problem with a new HPE ProLiant DL20 Gen10. I have downladed the last HPE Image (VMware-ESXi-6.7.0-Update3-16713306-HPE-Gen9plus-670.U3.10.6.0.83-Oct2020) and tried to install it. I always get the error message:

The following warnings were encountered while parsing the installation script:
warning:/tmp/diskConfig: line 1: The disk (mpx.vmhba32 :C0:T0:L0) specified in install does not support VMFS.
Wait or press enter to continue.

Could anyone help me maybe? Thats the first time I got trouble with this.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
8 Replies
Arvind_Kumar11
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What type of installation you are trying mate?
Is it scripted or standalone?

0 Kudos
bchristopeit
Contributor
Contributor

I think its scripted. I tried the way with the hp intelligent provisioning. express intall -> usb .... Should I use just the normal USB boot method?

0 Kudos
Arvind_Kumar11
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had this issue with my DL380s too.. few month back. Intelligent provisioning wasn't allowing me to install.

Then I used update manger & ISO installation methods available as the host was at remote location.

Give a try!

bchristopeit
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to boot from usb. I don't get any error message but the raid isn't availible. I only see my usb stick. Do you know anything about compatibility from the HPE Smart Array S100i SR Gen10? I hate this kind of problems ^^

0 Kudos
bchristopeit
Contributor
Contributor

thx for help 🙂

0 Kudos
thgreyprnc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Where did you download that ISO ? Can you send the link by any chance ? I am searching for almost 3 hours now, it is crazy how VMware has the ability to make simple things so complicated. I searched the whole google.. that file is, literally, impossible to find. Only the current/latest version is available.

0 Kudos
e_espinel
Expert
Expert

Hello.

https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/downloads/info/slug/datacenter_cloud_infrastructure/vmware_vspher...

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Consultant IBM, Lenovo and VMware.
VMware VSP-SV 2018, VTSP-SV 2018 VMware Technical Solutions Professional Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (VTSP-HCI 2018)
VMware Technical Solutions Professional (VTSP) 4 / 5.
Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer/Kudos if this solution resolved your problem Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как "Правильный ответ/Кудос", если это решение решило вашу проблему. Спасибо.
0 Kudos