VMware Cloud Community
ScruggsTA
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESXi 6.0 with Scalar i80 FC tape backup library

I am running vmware ESXi 6.0 with fiber channel storage. I have Dell EMC Networker 19.1 on an vm and i have a scalar i80 tape library with fiber channel drives. I have setup the EMC Networker OVA, attached the library to my fiber channel switches and zones the taoe drives to my hosts. When i scan the HBA's i can see the control path but not the tape drives. I am assuming this is a driver issue but not sure. Has anyone attempted this before? Is vmware going to allow this kind of setup?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

ESXi does not support tape drives connected to either the host directly or passed through to the VM.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Did you find this helpful? Let us know by completing this survey (takes 1 minute!)"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

ESXi does not support tape drives connected to either the host directly or passed through to the VM.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Did you find this helpful? Let us know by completing this survey (takes 1 minute!)"

0 Kudos