VMware Cloud Community
Ketonal
Contributor
Contributor

ESX upgrade costs

Hi

My company use ESXi 4,5 Essential (3 host cluster with 2 CPU each) for quite a long time with expired Sns (for 1.5 year) and now they want to upgrade to 5.5 I found that license will stay essential but i cant figure how much it will cost ... Can somebody help me get through this ? We need to pay for expired SnS (this 1.5 year) as it costed that time or as it cost now ? If its not full 2 years than do we pay normal ? And how much time will it takes form the moment we pay to the moment we get the option to upgrade ?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

The best idea is to contact a VMware Software Partner like CDW - they will be able to provide you the cost to bring your existing license back under SnS -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

You should contact your partner or local VMware sales-team to figure out your best option.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
Ketonal
Contributor
Contributor

ok , thanks guys . Unfortunately i think there are no VMware Software Partner or VMware sales team in Poland. I will look for it and let you know if i find some solution .

Ketonal

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

VMware Poland have a big team, here is how to contact them:

VMware, Inc.
ul. Chłodna 51, XXVI p
00-867 Warszawa, Polska
Fax: +48 22 455 30 01
Email: officepoland@vmware.com

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
Ketonal
Contributor
Contributor

thanks, I already contacted them and now im waiting for they response. They send my contract number to VMware and they will count the price for me. I'm waiting for answer and let u know a soon as i get it.

Thanks for your attention one more time Smiley Wink

0 Kudos