VMware Cloud Community
logicsound
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Download Vmware-viclient from vmware website??

Trying to find the download for the client on the website and I cant find it??  I know you can connect to the hypervisor internally and download but I am trying to get it working externaly from another machine and I thought I would be able to download from web but cant find it.....where is it??

Thanks

Trevor  (newbie)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MindTheGreg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If you need the 4.1 vSphere client, you can grab the thinapped vSphere 4.1.

http://labs.vmware.com/flings/thinapp-vsphere

Set-Annotation -CustomAttribute "The Impossible" -Value "Done and that makes us mighty"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

if you have ESX/ESXi installed and running you just need to point your favorite web browser to the IP address of your ESX/ESXi Host, there you can download the vSphere Client.

0 Kudos
logicsound
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes, thanks, I can do that for the computers in the network.   but I am trying to get access from another computer that is not in the network hence it cant get to the esxi website, thought it would be a download on the vmware website...guess I need to ftp it....yuck.

thanks for the quick reply

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you have an SnS you can download the client from below

VMware vCenter Server 4.1 Update 1 and modules

MindTheGreg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If you need the 4.1 vSphere client, you can grab the thinapped vSphere 4.1.

http://labs.vmware.com/flings/thinapp-vsphere

Set-Annotation -CustomAttribute "The Impossible" -Value "Done and that makes us mighty"
0 Kudos
VirtualSingh
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I just noticed that new version 4.1 update 1 allow you to download seprate client..I hope this helps. I copied the below snapshot when I try to download the trial version of esxi ...I know we never have client download option in previous version and we have to get from Management CD. But seems like this is not the case anymore...Thanks VMware

1787108.png

0 Kudos
datacenterngp
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi

I have browsing on the website for Data Recovery and vSphere details. I am finding all the old details pertaining to vSphere 4.x only.

Please help

Raul

0 Kudos