VMware Cloud Community
alfimcz
Contributor
Contributor

Downgrade vSphere 7 Enterprise Plus to 6.0

Downgrade vSphere 7 Enterprise Plus to 6.0

Hi, i've just purchased a vSphere 7 Enterprise Plus license and i what to a dowgrade to the 6.0 version.

It's possible?

How can i get it?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Nawals
Expert
Expert

Hi,

you can downgrade to 6.5 or 6.7 the license from VMware portal if you have access or through VMware licensing team via support if you have valid support contract .BTW why you are looking to downgrade as 6.0? which is already End of General Support for vSphere 6.0 in March 12, 2020. To maintain your full level of Support and Subscription Services, VMware recommends upgrading to vSphere 6.5 or vSphere 6.7.

NKS Please Mark Helpful/correct if my answer resolve your query.
0 Kudos
alfimcz
Contributor
Contributor

I need downgrade to v6 because my datacenter is v6 and at moment a dont have contract support and not enough budget to upgrade my v6 licences to v7. And we receive new host with v7 license.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

If the new licenses are registered in your My VMware portal, you can downgrade the keys to version 6. Later, once you are ready for an upgrade, you may simply upgrade the keys again.

André

0 Kudos
TimSheppard
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

For clarity to anyone else reading - If you downgrade your keys to version 6 then they will work with 6.0, 6.5 and 6.7.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This should help: VMware Knowledge Base

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
alfimcz
Contributor
Contributor

Tks, for all information.

0 Kudos
mbrenk68
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I need to downgrade as well as 1 application which I need doesn't work on v7

Do I first need to release the licenses from my ESXI and Vcenter first or can I just reinstall the servers? as I thought the file system of 7 is not the same as V6

thanks

regards Marco

0 Kudos
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion

Do you use a vDS or other things (like the VMFS) which comes with specific versions?

Between 6.0 and 7.x is a long period of time.

Regards,
Joerg

0 Kudos