VMware Cloud Community
Nikita85
Contributor
Contributor

DellEMC Custom Image for ESXi 7.0 U3

Hello everyone,

is it possible to use DellEMC Custom Image for ESXi 7.0 U3 for free? I can see that license key is available only for  6.7 generic verson within my custommerconnect acount. Does it mean that it is the only package I can use for free now?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion

For sure there are 2 different things because downloading a piece of software and running it legaly is different

• Dell stops the download offerings on dell.com/support after ESXi 6.7u1 or so. After that the Dell custom ISOs are moved to vmware.com and MyVMware/CustomerConnect.
  • Within CustomerConnect there are two sections named "Your Products" and "All Products". The first might check if youre entiteld based on your active SnS.  Try the "All Products" and follow vSphere, Essentials, ESXi and than Custom
  • With a major Release version change 4->5->6->7 there is always a LicenseKey upgrade needed

If your question was if the  free vSphere Hypervisor license can be use together with a Custom ISO the answer is yes.

If your question was i have problems downloading the Custom ISO please try the "All Products" sections

If you was a paying customer with a SnS which runs out you might be possible to download the ISO but your old 6.x Key will not work.  Consider to re-active SnS again.

Because i never signed up for a free vSphere Hypervisor license/account one of the other can say if access to custom ISOs was given or just a vanilla VMware ISO one?

Regards,
Joerg

0 Kudos
Nikita85
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your prompt reply. I have switched to vSphere, Essentials, ESXi, Custom but see the following message on the top.

Nikita85_0-1645601588631.png

0 Kudos
Jate34354
Contributor
Contributor

if you have a suitable Dell server, you can download it through Dell support web page.

for example on R740 it is on

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=70r4m&oscode=xi70&productcod...

0 Kudos