VMware Cloud Community
Mohan201110141
Contributor
Contributor

Datastores showing Virtual machines though no VMDK's associated

Hi All,

Have you seen this before? We're running with ESXi5 and when i was checking the free space on datastore I found that one of my datastore is showing a virtual machine in its contents though none of the VMDK's are configured with that datastore.

For ex, VM1 has 2 disks with Datastore1. But the VM1 is appearing on both Datastore1 and Datastore2. How can i rectify this? Can someone help?

Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
iw123
Commander
Commander

Hi

Do you have an ISO attached to your virtual machine, with the ISO being stored on datastore 2?

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers
0 Kudos
Mohan201110141
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I do have one cd drive mapped but that is not from same datastore. It is on a different datastore.

0 Kudos
zXi_Gamer
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Have you seen this before? We're running with ESXi5 and when i was checking the free space on datastore I found that one of my datastore is showing a virtual machine in its contents though none of the VMDK's are configured with that datastore.

sorry to ask this, but i wanted to confirm, are you sure that the vmx file is actually having a vmdk entry.

For ex, VM1 has 2 disks with Datastore1. But the VM1 is appearing on both Datastore1 and Datastore2. How can i rectify this? Can someone help?

Sure, just do a clone of the disk in datastore2 to datastore1 and change the VM> Edit settings> change the second hard disk to the newly cloned disk

0 Kudos