VMware Cloud Community
scolombo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

DL388 gen9 compatibiltiy

Hi all

looking for HPE DL388Gen9 compatibility matrix we could not find it , only dl388 Gen10

Is it possible that DL388 Gen9 is not compatible with any 6.x version ?

thanls

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @scolombo ,

I don't see DL388 Gen 9 listed against any of the ESXi versions. Search results lists only DL388 Gen10 servers. It's quite possible that this was last supported with 5.5. It's worth checking the server documentation to find what ESXi versions it supported.

0 Kudos
Ferozrah
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Greetings for the day.

As I am checking with VMware Compatibility Guide https://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php I cannot find DL388 gen9 listed.

My suggestion will be to have a check with hardware vendor regarding the same.

Best

Feroz Rah

e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello.
The server is very old, in the manufacturer's documentation only indicates that supported VMware but does not specify the version, possibly was supported in version 5.X
You could try to install the 6.0 version with the HPE Custom Image for VMware ESXi 6.0 U3 Install CD obtained from the My VMware web site.

If you succeed in installing VMware vSphere, remember that you have 60 days of Demo

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.