VMware Cloud Community
djak44
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Configuration Maximums

There two documentation files that I believe say two different things:

page 8 Mavimun number of LUN's is 254 and number of Targets is 8

on page 4: LUN's per server 256, as well as Maximum Targets is 64, I believe the number of target is not linked to just one server. Can anyone please let me know where am I confused?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

They do say different things however the first doc is for VI3 3.x.x and the second is for VI3 v 3.5,

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

Tom Howarth VCP / vExpert

VMware Communities User Moderator

Blog: www.planetvm.net

Contributing author for the upcoming book "VMware Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment”.

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
djak44
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I believe if I am doing the exam the latest docos would have the right answer.:)

Thank you.

0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

if you are sitting the current VCP then you should use the latest documents as the exam is based on the 3.5 version of the product.

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

Tom Howarth VCP / vExpert

Blog: www.planetvm.net

Contributing author for the upcoming book "VMware Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment”.

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos