VMware Cloud Community
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander

Command Line Installation of SSO

Hey guys,

Driving myself a little batty trying to get the command line install for SSO working.

I'm using the following:

start /wait VMware-SSO-Server.exe /w /L1033 /S /v"/qr MASTER_PASSWORD=VMware1! CONFIRM_MASTER_PASSWORD=VMware1! CONFIG_TYPE=Setup SETUP_TYPE=Basic SSO_DB_SERVER_TYPE=Custom JDBC_DBTYPE=Mssql JDBC_NAME=RSA JDBC_HOSTNAME_OR_IP=DC JDBC_HOST_PORT=1433 SKIP_DB_USER_CREATION=1 JDBC_USERNAME=RSA_USER JDBC_PASSWORD=VMware1! DBA_JDBC_USERNAME=RSA_DBA DBA_JDBC_PASSWORD=VMware1! IS_SSPI_NETWORK_SERVICE_ACCOUNT<>1 SSPI_USERNAME=vi-admin SSPI_PASSWORD=VMware1! SSPI_DOMAIN=LAB"

but on launch it shows me the help dialog for the switches.

If I break it out line by line (as below), then the install runs, but doesn't use the values that I specify, and attempts to install SQL Express locally.

start /wait VMware-SSO-Server.exe /w /L1033 /S /v"/qr

MASTER_PASSWORD=VMware1!

CONFIRM_MASTER_PASSWORD=VMware1!

CONFIG_TYPE=Setup

SETUP_TYPE=Basic

SSO_DB_SERVER_TYPE=Custom

JDBC_DBTYPE=Mssql

JDBC_NAME=RSA JDBC_HOSTNAME_OR_IP=DC

JDBC_HOST_PORT=1433

SKIP_DB_USER_CREATION=1

JDBC_USERNAME=RSA_USER

JDBC_PASSWORD=VMware1!

DBA_JDBC_USERNAME=RSA_DBA

DBA_JDBC_PASSWORD=VMware1!

IS_SSPI_NETWORK_SERVICE_ACCOUNT<>1

SSPI_USERNAME=vi-admin

SSPI_PASSWORD=VMware1!

SSPI_DOMAIN=LAB"

I'm expecting user error to be the cause, but I've had my eyes on it for too long - any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Grant

Grant http://grantorchard.com
0 Kudos
2 Replies
drexciya
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello Grant,

I'm not an expert either and I see some settings in your script that don't show up in the official PDF (!), so I nicked some of your settings and used them in my own script. Where did you get those parameters from? My script didn't have any parameters to put the username (RSA1_USER) in, because of that. I'd love to see VMware put a more advanced example in the documentation, since it's not very clear on this, the only examples use the bundled database.

Back to the script; this seems to run better now but I still get some error at the end with the databaseconnection (29114). Oopsie, there was still a typo left somewhere. My script now looks like this, note that this is a network based install for a training environment, I've used some slightly different switches, apart from that it's not that different from yours:

start /wait "Kansloze test SSO install" "x:\vmware\vsphere5101\vCenter51-updateA\Single Sign On\VMware-SSO-Server.exe" /L1033 /v" /qr MASTER_PASSWORD=\"welk0mXTG!\" CONFIRM_MASTER_PASSWORD=\"welk0mXTG!\" CONFIG_TYPE=Setup SETUP_TYPE=Primary SSO_DB_SERVER_TYPE=\"Custom\" JDBC_DBTYPE=Mssql JDBC_DBNAME=RSA1 JDBC_HOSTNAME_OR_IP=\"dbserver.xtgclass.nl\" JDBC_HOST_PORT=1433 IS_JDBC_AUTH=1 SKIP_DB_USER_CREATION=1 JDBC_USERNAME=RSA1_USER JDBC_PASSWORD=welk0mXTG DBA_JDBC_USERNAME=RSA1_DBA DBA_JDBC_PASSWORD=welk0mXTG RSA_DBA_PASSWORD=welk0mXTG RSA_USER_PASSWORD=welk0mXTG COMPUTER_FQDN=\"vcenterteam1.xtgclass.nl\"  IS_SSPI_NETWORK_SERVICE_ACCOUNT=1 SSPI_USERNAME=administrator SSPI_PASSWORD=welk0mXTG SSPI_DOMAIN=\"xtgclass.nl\""

Paradoxically, I should give you points for making my script work ;-))). I hope my script helps you as well. I would recommend using the /" syntax to make sure some parameters are passed through correctly.

Regards,

Marcel

0 Kudos
GrantOrchardVMw
Commander
Commander

Hi Marcel,

Sorry, I did actually find the solution but since noone had responded I never posted it here.

Basically the documentation is wrong. The <>1 in my script should actually be =0

It took me far longer to figure that out than it should have, as it looked suspicious to me from the start. Ah well, always trust your gut. If you want a hand with some more complex examples, let me know. The DBA_USER etc are actually in the documentation, but they don't provide examples on it.

I needed this info to get vSphere 5.1 deploying on the AutoLab, and I've actually posted the details of this on my blog http://grantorchard.com

Thanks for the feedback at any rate!

Grant

Grant http://grantorchard.com
0 Kudos