squalli
Contributor
Contributor

Client Integration Plug-In 6.0 installed but not working

Hi All,

After installing the Client Integration Plug-in 6.0 it seems to be installed normaly because its listed at the Microsfot Feature List but it isn't installed at the plug-ins of each browser I tryed. Im running a Windows 8.1 with by now IE11, Chrome and Firefox. I've tried reinstalling and I've tried to install the Plugin at an other PC, its the same prloblem there. I've noticed that I'am not the only one with this problem but all solutions, e.g. using firefox instead of crome does not work ...

Hopfully someone has an idea to solve this issue

Thanks and cheers

squalli

23 Replies
jonathanp
Expert
Expert

I know this is a little old.

But had this problem today and tried several things.

I just have IE 11 on my servers and no other browsers.

I tried several things (configuration in IE, re-installation of the plugin, etc..) nothing worked until I found this on another forum and tried it and it worked immediately, just had to refresh my IE page.

So what did worked is :

1- Add --> https://vCenter_FQDN  ---> in the local intranet zone

    note just adding the vCenter did not worked.

2- Add the PSC as well to the local intranet zone.

Bam!!! it worked.

Hope it will helps some.

Jonathan

0 Kudos
imompero
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

After trying everything that everyone has suggested I decided that I would just install Windows 7 on a VM, do my install and delete the VM.  Wish I could have my two days back for such PITA issue.

0 Kudos
Vijay2027
Expert
Expert

I was able to workaround this by:

Download firefox ESR from :

Mozilla Firefox Web Browser — Download Firefox Extended Support Release in your language — Mozilla

  1. 1. Launch the Options window in Firefox and in the Advanced tab, select Certificates.
  2. 2. On the Certificates tab, click View Certificates, and on the Authorities tab, click Import.
  3. 3. Navigate to C:\ProgramData\VMware\CIP\csd\ssl and select the cert.pem file.
  4. 4. Select Trust this CA to identify websites and verify that vmware-localhost is listed in the Authorities tab.
0 Kudos
FranciscoOchoa
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I had the same problem recently and the easiest way to solve the problem was to install version 39 of Firefox, when I installed it, I let myself deploy the OVA.

regards

0 Kudos