After installing the Client Integration Plug-in 6.0 it seems to be installed normaly because its listed at the Microsfot Feature List but it isn't installed at the plug-ins of each browser I tryed. Im running a Windows 8.1 with by now IE11, Chrome and Firefox. I've tried reinstalling and I've tried to install the Plugin at an other PC, its the same prloblem there. I've noticed that I'am not the only one with this problem but all solutions, e.g. using firefox instead of crome does not work ...
Hopfully someone has an idea to solve this issue
Thanks and cheers
Seems you NPAPI support is disabled. Do it like this. Simply enter the following in your browser:
Then click Enable.
i believe it will fix your issue.
google chrome ver.42 having the bug so its generates the error. Anyways i m waiting for the next release to fix this issue.
Just seen this error on my chrome too. enabled the npapi and relaunch of browser does work.
You can try to disable the following entry in your local host file (c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts) by placing a # in front of it
So it will look like this
You may have to restart your browser.
Today I struggled on same issue in firefox 35.0. But at end I got the solution, which worked for me.
Below are the entries in host files are the culprits,
Here for validation whether plugin is installed or not firefox actually goes and search for Client Integrator plugin on https://vmware-localhost:8093 and it was failing as no such host is available.
1) Change the proxy setting as "Use system proxy settings".
2) Restart the browser again.
In my case firefox detected the plugin installed.
Hope this will help you.
I recently had the same issue and I always try to use the latest and greatest on my web browsers. I predominantly use FireFox more than IE and Chrome. My FireFox updated to 40.0.3 and suddenly my plugin stopped working and every workaround possible mentioned here in the the Community or on various blog sites did not work. I simply rolled back my FireFox and voila....it started to work again. Silly how things so little can be so frustrating at times. Hope this helps!
i have a same problem with Client Integration Plug-In 6.0 and i have tired above all things with mozillla and Chrome. Nothing works forme.
For me the solution is Upgrading my IE10 to IE11.
Hello all, I've made a list of all the things I tried before finally removing the Firefox profile and generating a new one resolved it. See my post here:
Are you still facing the same issue ?
Have u tried using vcenter 6.0u3 CIP ? There are lot of Client Integration plugin Issue which is resolve in this release.
I have the same issue after installing Firefox 44.0 Windows 7 or 10 and Client integration Plugin 6.0.0. After installing the fire fox 44.0 we are able to install the Client Integration Plugin on the server.
We had to deinstall Firefox and the Client Integration Plugin and delete the complete Firefox Profile (only the places.sqlite we import to the new installation).
After restart and complete new installation (ff 44.0 and CIP 6.0.0) it works.
Follow the below link to fix this issue.
Hi everyone, I think we all have different problems here, but I managed to resolve mine by going into:
Windows Defender Security Centre
App & browser control
Turn all the protection off - (it was the browser security preventing the Vmware-ClientIntegrationPlugin-6.0.0 from working as expected for me).
I closed down IE after I'd made the above change, then uninstalled Vmware-ClientIntegrationPlugin-6.0.0 from the control panel and rebooted.
Then I installed it again as an administrator and fired up IE11.
Logged into vsphere and boom, everything worked.