VMware Cloud Community
amitdebnath
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot see Health Status in vSphere 4

Hi,

I am using vSphere 4 as client and As host i'm using a ESX 4 server.

In configuration tab of Host Health Status is not showing in the Hardware section.

So I cannot see any health status information.

Is there any configuration that has to be enabled in vSphere or in host I have to install any addon?

Thanks and regards,

Amit

0 Kudos
7 Replies
djciaro
Expert
Expert

The host health monitoring tool presents data

gathered using Systems Management Architecture for Server Hardware

(SMASH) profiles. The information displayed depends on the sensors

available on your server hardware.

The Hardware Health service is a vCenter Server extension that uses an Internet Explorer Webbrowser control to display information about host hardware health. Use the information in this topic to troubleshoot problems with Hardware Health.

The Hardware Status tab is not visible in the vSphere Client.

Select Plug-ins > Plug-in Manager and verify that the Hardware Status plug-in is enabled.

The Hardware Status tab displays the following error message: the remote name could not be resolved <SERVER-NAME> where <SERVER-NAME> is the domain name of the vCenter Server system.

This error appears when the client system is unable to resolve the domain name of the vCenter Server system. Either fix the domain name resolution problem, or edit the file C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\VirtualCenter Server\extensions\cim-ui\extensions.xml on the vCenter Server system and replace the vCenter Server domain name with its IP address.
The Hardware Status tab displays a security alert.

Your Internet Explorer security settings are set too high. To change the security settings:
1 Launch Internet Explorer.
2 Select Tools > Internet Options.
3 Click the Security tab.
4 Select the Local intranet Web content zone.
5 Click Custom Level.
6 Underneath Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control, select Enable.
7 Click OK to close the Security Settings dialog box, and click OK to close the Internet Options dialog box.

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Thanks!
TobiasKracht
Expert
Expert

Or check this article

StarWind Software R&D

StarWind Software R&D http://www.starwindsoftware.com
0 Kudos
amitdebnath
Contributor
Contributor

In vSphere Hardware Status plugin is enabled .But still I'm not able to see the Health Status tab in Hardware.

And also I have changed the C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\VirtualCenter Server\extensions\cim-ui\extensions.xml file.

Still no luck....

0 Kudos
DSTAVERT
Immortal
Immortal

What is your hardware platform (Server and model)? Do you have a vCenter Server? Is this ESX or ESXi?

-- David -- VMware Communities Moderator
0 Kudos
amitdebnath
Contributor
Contributor

I have vCenter Server and ESX 4 host.

Server is an Intel Xeon Based board.

0 Kudos
amitdebnath
Contributor
Contributor

When I connected through vServer, I was not able to see health status.

But when I directly connected the host through VSphere client , I was able to see the health status.

I got the info from VMware tech support.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
omiot1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I've vCenter 4.0 u1 and I haven't health status in configuration section but I've hardware status tab.

Regards.

0 Kudos