VMware Cloud Community
JG1
Contributor
Contributor

Bug in vSphere client on Windows 7

I'm using the vSphere client 4.1.0  build 258902 on Windows 7, and there is a VERY annoying bug where if  you minimized an open console, it becomes impossible to un-minimize the  window.  I have to close the console window from the taskbar and re-open  it using the client.

Does  anyone know if this is a known issue or if there is a work around for  it?  I googled it and searched the community here but didn't find  anything about it.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
asatoran
Immortal
Immortal

It's working for me.  Win7Pro, vSphere client build 258902.

Have you installed SP1 for Win7?  I have not yet but I've seen a couple of threads about people having issues installing Win7SP1 into new virtual machines.  Probably completely unrelated, but I haven't had any problem with unminimizing windows on any of my Win7 machine for any app so I'm just wondering what's different about your machine compared to mine.

0 Kudos
Dave_Mishchenko
Immortal
Immortal

Your post has been moved to the vSphere Upgrade and Install forum - http://communities.vmware.com/community/vmtn/vsphere/upgradecenter.

0 Kudos
RomulusMare
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem in ESXi4.1 and ESXi5 with Windows Host Consoles on two Windows 7 systems running vSphere clients.

Any solutions?

0 Kudos