VMware Cloud Community
architects
Contributor
Contributor

Adding Secondary SC port grp disconnects primary

Hi,

I am trying to gain some redundancy for SC port group by using a secondary SC port group instead of adding a NIC. The primary SC is on a different subnet/vlan and uses a different gateway and the secondary is on different.

The primary SC is on a classic vSwitch & i am trying to add the secondary onto a vDS i created for other traffic. The vDS does have a port group that i created for the correct vlan type. I then create a vswif1 on vDS and give it it's own ip,netmask & gateway. When i go into the edit settings it gives me a choice to change the Gateway which i do and then also change the gateway device to vswif1 (i also tried auto). Once done i ok to this and as soon as i do that in about 20 secs it disconnects my host from VC.

If i go to the SC directly, i can see both the vswifs alive however if i look at the networks file i see that it has changed the GATEWAYDEV & DG to the secondary...

Is there a way to create 2 SC port groups one on classic and one on vDS with different subnets, netmask and vlan's other than what i am trying to do above?

Regards,

A

0 Kudos
0 Replies