VMware Cloud Community
MartinMichel
Contributor
Contributor

5.1 Web Client Login Issue

Hi,

I have set my AD authentication in SSO as per the attachment, this works well with the windows vsphere client when I log on using my AD credentials.

However on the web client with my AD account it log me in but gives me the following error message and I cannot see my vcenter server: Client is not authenticated to VMware Inventory Service - https://servername.fqdn.x.x:10443  Note that I have tried to login using: domain\username, username, fqdn\username, username@domain, and they all log in but gives me that same error message.

Note that if I change the AD SSO configuration to only remove the alias field then the web authentication works flawlessly and I have access to my vCenter, however then the windows client stop working with the currently logged on credentials.

I would like it to work with both client! Any idea?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MartinMichel
Contributor
Contributor

I have decided for now to remove the Alias and make my AD the default source for authentication, that way the Web client works by just checking the Windows credential box and the Windows client you have to type in user.name and password without domain information. Seemed like the best option, I would still appreciate if anyone can throw some light onto why the alias would break the web authentication 😕

0 Kudos