VMware Cloud Community
chopchopbcs
Contributor
Contributor

3.0.2 Server not working with VSphere Vcenter

I have an environment where I have 4 ESX version 3.0.2 servers all running VM's. I have 1 brand new ESX vsphere 4.0 server with no VM's on it. I had a vcenter (version 2.5) that had all of these servers added to it and I was able to manage all servers and VM's fine.

I recently upgraded to vsphere vcenter and I can manage the 4.o ESX server just fine but cannot manage any of the other servers or the VM's hosted on them.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mlubinski
Expert
Expert

What do you mean, that you can't manage them? Do they show any status (Disconnected)? If yes, then simply reconnect them. vCenter4 can fully manage all ESX hosts.

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

[I]If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points[/I]
chopchopbcs
Contributor
Contributor

I cloned the working vcenter and then upgraded it to vsphere vcenter (SQL database is on cluster). So when I got the new vcenter installed all the servers were there (I just could not access the 3.0.2 ones). I disconnected one of the 3.0.2 servers and tried to add it to the datacenter and it gave this error:

"cannot install vcenter agent service, cannot prepare host for upgrade"

0 Kudos
chopchopbcs
Contributor
Contributor

Issue was resolved

0 Kudos
mlubinski
Expert
Expert

Could you please share your solution? This could help other with similiar problems.

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

[I]If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points[/I]
0 Kudos