VMware Cloud Community
sadom
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vm performans problem

we have 2 exchnage server on 6.7 u3 . There is a constant lockdown during the backup. It does not happen on other servers in the infrastructure. This problem only occurs when taking the exchnage backup. We have increased the memory and CPU of the servers. We moved it to other hosts, but the servers lock up while being backed up. Occurs during snapshot in this timeframe. We are looking at the vrealize and we are getting an I / O warning. We use a single datastore and the environment has a hyperconverged infrastructure. No problem on other servers just problem with these exchnage servers. What do you think is the problem? Where should I look for virtual machine config, storage I / O capacity and what you can guess.

we get alarm from vrealize ;

1- Virtual machine disk I/O read latency is high

2- Virtual machine is experiencing high I/O wait. I/O wait represents the amount of time that a virtual machine is waiting for completion of I/O events. Disk and network I/O operations are common causes of I/O wait because they are the slowest operations in the system. High I/O wait can be due to a poorly performing storage device on which the virtual machine resides. A device in the virtual machine configuration that stops functioning or responding can also trigger high I/O wait. These devices can include but are not limited to serial pass-through, parallel pass-through and USB devices. For example, high I/O wait can occur when an ISO file that is left mounted in the virtual machine is accidentally deleted or moved to an alternate location

3- Virtual machine has disk I/O latency problem caused by snapshots

0 Kudos
1 Reply
larstr
Champion
Champion

sadom,

What backup software are you using?

Lars

0 Kudos