VMware Cloud Community
senwebtek
Contributor
Contributor

vSAN keeps losing all capacity or losing contents after restart of 3 node cluster

I've set up a vSphere/vCenter 7.03 update 3 (c I think) environment on VMworkstation 16.2.3 using vSAN, HA, and DRS with a 3 node cluster. Each esxi host has 4cpus and 24gigs of memory. Everything seems to be working fine...vMotion works, running vms off vSAN works fine, etc. My problem is that each time I shutdown the cluster(using the 'Shutdown Cluster' function) and bring the cluster back up, the vSAN is hosed. It either has no capacity or only the capacity of the disks from one host and the contents are gone. The vCLSs(inaccessible and can't remove them) won't start because the datastore they were on (vSAN) is now empty. I've recreated my environment at least about 10 times now and the same results. My host system is a Ryzen 9 5900x with 128gigs of memory so I'm not running short on resources. I've tried using the Quickstart and manually creating the vSAN and get the same results. I have 2 virtual nics in each esxi host and have vMotion and vSAN running on their own DSwitch on the 2nd nic(the 1st nic is acutally connected to my physical nic in my host PC). I'm thinking of adding another esxi host and make a 4 node cluster to see if that helps. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Also, I've run Skyline Health Diagnostics and it didn't really find anything except nics losing connectivity once.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
0 Replies