VMware Cloud Community
damkol
Contributor
Contributor

vCenter - Can't unmount deleted iSCSI Datastore

Hello,

I have big problem with removing datastore in vCenter from on of our vSphere host.

This datastore was a iSCSI resouce from our QNAP server.

One of our Admins deleted this iSCSI resource. Now i'm seeing this datastore as empty with red error dot.

I can't delete it because it's attached to one VM in this host. I can't unmount it from this VM, can't detach, can't do anything with this.

Main problem is that this VM don't need this datastore, but i can't make backup of this VM.

Datastore error cause errors with backup proces. 

Is there any way to delete this datastore with CLI on this host? I'm using vCenter & vSphere v7.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

Backupgondor uses something from that datastore.
Edit Backupgondor and try again

0 Kudos
pashnal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Damkol, 

Looks like this entry has to removed from vCenter DB , If not then bring that ISCSI Lun back present it to the host and then then follow the process of Unmount /Detatch .

else :

1.Try to restart the management agents on the host  root# services.sh restart 

2, Try to remove the datastore from vCenter DB 

Below articles can help you :  Note Please take proper snapshots before working with vCenter DB .  If you have vCenters in linked mode then please take powered off snapshots of vCenters 

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer/Kudos if this solution resolved your problem Thank you.

Thanks , 
pramod ashnal 

0 Kudos
damkol
Contributor
Contributor

I tried few times but nothing happened.  Thats why i created this post. I can't do anything with this.

Backupgondor was a name of this datasore in vCenter.

0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

The VMs that were located in Gondor should appear as orphaned - cant you unregister them ?

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Some thoughts:

• Does any of your VMs have e.g. an ISO image configured in its virtual CD-ROM settings?
  • Does any of your VMs have active snapshots, which - at the pint in time they were created - had a reference to that datastore?

André

0 Kudos
compdigit44
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is the datastore used as a cluster heartbeat check? What about templates?

0 Kudos