VMware Cloud Community
needmorstuff007
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

mid range storage thoughtd..

Ok - we have the sales guys coming and going suggesting different storage systems...

the setup

12 esx hosts (bl 460 g6 blades) vpshere

70 vm's consisiting of

6 sql (no massive load)

6 exchange 2007 boxes - 5000 mailboxes

the rest are a mix of web and admin servers..

Looking for a redundant storage system with say 10tb useable.

What do you guys recommend?

so far we have been recommended eva4400, fas 3140 and hds 2100...

VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP5 VCAPDCD-111 VCAPDCA-219
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dnetz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

If you're considering Netapp, you should be fine with the FAS2000 series for this kind of environment, the FAS2040 is available with dual heads and spans to 136TB. We've purchased 2040's for primary storage and 2020 for secondary offsite storage and liking it so far. The cluster failover is impressive with no visible inpact on our VM's (on a light load, but still). I used to consider Netapp to be overpriced and slow but they are reliable.

===

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AntonVZhbankov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

EVA is very good storage, but I suggets to take a look at higher models, 6xxx for ex.

---

MCSA, MCTS, VCP, VMware vExpert '2009

http://blog.vadmin.ru

EMCCAe, HPE ASE, MCITP: SA+VA, VCP 3/4/5, VMware vExpert XO (14 stars)
VMUG Russia Leader
http://t.me/beerpanda
0 Kudos
dnetz
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

If you're considering Netapp, you should be fine with the FAS2000 series for this kind of environment, the FAS2040 is available with dual heads and spans to 136TB. We've purchased 2040's for primary storage and 2020 for secondary offsite storage and liking it so far. The cluster failover is impressive with no visible inpact on our VM's (on a light load, but still). I used to consider Netapp to be overpriced and slow but they are reliable.

===

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

0 Kudos