VMware Cloud Community
suyashsambhare
Contributor
Contributor

VMware NAS Storage Certification setup for HPE SimpiVity

Hi All,

We're working on getting VMware Storage Certification for HPE SimpliVity's 4.1.0 release as per the Storage Certification Guide
As part of the release, HPE SimpliVity has started supporting VMware vSphere 7.0 and the certification is based on that version.
Since HPE SimpliVity is a Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (HCI) solution, the setup traditionally consists of SimpliVity Nodes running in the same cluster or VC as VMware vSphere compute hosts, providing storage via NAS Data Stores.

However, the new test framework for 7.0 Storage Certification requires the cluster to contain only the test hosts (compute nodes) and no other nodes.
Even if we create a new cluster, the requirements restrict us from verifying the configuration as they only require a single cluster in the test setup.

As the test in question which ascertains the setup - the 'verify' test, is an essential part of the certification process, I'm not sure whether a waiver can be obtained for this test.

As this poses a significant problem for us to obtain the certification we would really appreciate any suggestions to resolve such an issue.

Please feel free to request any further details regarding the setup or certification in question.

Kind Regards,

Suyash Sambhare
+91 98198 79638
sambhare@hpe.com

┌───┐
└───┘

Hewlett Packard
 Enterprise

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@suyashsambhare 

Moderator: Please do not create multiple threads on the same topic - your duplicate has been archived.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
suyashsambhare
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, did not mean to spam.

Apologies.

0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership

the vmware forum is typically not the place where you will find an answer to a certification question. you need to reach out to the VMware alliance manager for HPE/SimpliVity, or connect with the certification team to discuss the process.

0 Kudos