VMware Cloud Community
Darem
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VM has duplicated storage provision

Hi there,

I am using version 4.1 on ESX hosts with iSCSI SANs attached and am seeing oddball storage provisioning.

I have several VMs with only one disk provisioned on one datastore and when browsing other datastores I find the same size disk provisioned and 0 used.

Anyone know what causes this and how to get rid of the phantoms.

Have attached a PDF showing the volume with phantoms and 2 examples of the storage view of the VM

Cheers

David

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AureusStone
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Sounds strange.  Do you have the disks and configuration files on the same LUN?  No RDMs?  No ISOs connected?  Perhaps try a sVmotion and see if that fixes anything.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
warriorfullight
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have the same problem like this one. As of the moment, I am currently ignoring it as I might be able to use these files for later. A bit of file sizes are provisioned but are currently not in use. I hope this is normal.http://imagicon.info/cat/5-59/1.gif

0 Kudos
AureusStone
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Sounds strange.  Do you have the disks and configuration files on the same LUN?  No RDMs?  No ISOs connected?  Perhaps try a sVmotion and see if that fixes anything.

0 Kudos
Darem
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I do have disks and config on the same LUN.

I have tried svmotion without any success. I even migrated to the phantom and then off somewhere else to no good effect.

Cheers

David

0 Kudos
Darem
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Forgot to mention I dont have RDM on any of my VMs.

0 Kudos
Darem
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Aureus

It was the Windows ISOs which had been left connected. The ISO was on the volume with all the phantom drives.

Many thanks for that.Smiley Happy

David

0 Kudos