vSphere Storage Appliance

View Only
  • 1.  Storage alerts will not clear

Posted Apr 19, 2011 06:19 PM

I have some old alerts on a few datastores that will not clear even after I acknowledge the alarm and correct the issue.  How can I get these to clear up?

• 2.  RE: Storage alerts will not clear

Posted Apr 19, 2011 06:25 PM

What kind of alerts are this ones? Usage?

• 3.  RE: Storage alerts will not clear

Posted Apr 19, 2011 06:36 PM

The alarms are all datastore usage on disk.

• 4.  RE: Storage alerts will not clear

Posted Apr 19, 2011 06:39 PM

You can check the alarm definition on the vCenter level... if the trigger is really being activated (i.e, you have it configured to trigger an alert with more than 75% of usage) and the space is still being used, you will need to deactivate the alarm or change the trigger to a higher % (if you do this on vCenter level, it will propagate to all datastores).

If you are not using anymore the space and the alarm *should not* be there, you can just edit the alarm and press OK. Usually, this works for me.

• 5.  RE: Storage alerts will not clear
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 19, 2011 06:32 PM

you may also try to disable the alarm in question, then enable it.

• 6.  RE: Storage alerts will not clear

Posted Apr 19, 2011 06:40 PM

Disable and re-enable has cleared the alerts.  Are they supposed to clear themselves once the condition no longer exists?

• 7.  RE: Storage alerts will not clear

Posted Apr 19, 2011 06:41 PM

dwilli wrote:

Disable and re-enable has cleared the alerts.  Are they supposed to clear themselves once the condition no longer exists?

it's a bug

• 8.  RE: Storage alerts will not clear

Posted Apr 19, 2011 06:43 PM

They should. Sometimes I refresh the storage information and this also fixes the alarms.