VMware Cloud Community
wframe
Contributor
Contributor

Storage adapter device visibility

Hi all,

My apologies if this is a simple question or if I use the wrong terminology, I am quite unfamiliar with this area.

I recently added two hosts to a test cluster to prepare for production.  These are HS22vs with a QLogic 8Gb Fibre Channel Expansion Card (CIOv), in a BladeCenter-E chassis.

For each new host in vSphere, when I look in configuration>Storage Adapters, I can see DGC Fibre Channel Disk listed under vmhba1, but not listed under vmhba2.  When I manage paths for DGC Fibre Channel Disk, I see only 2 paths listed.

For all existing production hosts that run with the same hardware, vmhba1 and vmhba2 each display the DGC Fibre Channel Disk, which has 4 paths.

Is there any configuration that needs to be done on the host or in vSphere?  Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

W

0 Kudos
3 Replies
rajvm256
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

there are no special configuration to be done for vsphere. It seems  that the paths are not available.  Can you check your storage and  zoning?

Thanks | http://virtualvm.info/
wframe
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the quick reply and help - I'm waiting on our storage team for this to be set up, wanted to make sure this wasn't an obvious oversight on my part that would need configuration before they could help.

0 Kudos
wframe
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, it turns out there might be a hardware issue.

qlogic qmi2582 (QLogic 8Gb Fibre Channel Expansion Card (CIOv)).  In Bios, Port 1 can see Fibre Devices while Port 2 sees nothing, per attached files.  I assume this is not expected behavior.

0 Kudos