VMware Cloud Community
MaresVelasco
Contributor
Contributor

Storage DRS with HA

Hola

Molestando nuevamente y es por lo siguiente:

Tengo vSphere 5.0 y quiero hacer un laboratorio:

crear un cluster de datastore(ovbiamente tambien un cluster de host ESXi), con Storage DRS y quiero hacer si me falla un DS mi maquina virtual (MV) se vaya al otro DS con HA. Quiero que mis Maquinas virtuales tengan redundancia entre los datastores con HA. Quiero saber si es posible realizar este laboratorio y si lo hay habra un manual o guia que explique esto?

Por su ayuda muchas gracias

Hello there

sorry for inconvenience again and are for following issue:

i have vSphere 5.0 and i want to do next lab:

Creat Datastore(DS) cluster(obviously with host ESXi cluster), with Storage DRS, y i want to if one DS fail mi virtual machine(VM) work with the other DS using HA. I wanna made my VM with redundancy between DS with HA. is this possible to do these lab? There are manual o features guide who explain how to do?

thanks for you support 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
rickardnobel
Champion
Champion

i want to if one DS fail my virtual machine(VM) work with the other DS using HA. I wanna made my VM with redundancy between DS with HA.

Is your question if Storage DRS could make a VM on a certain datastore available even if that datastore fails? If so, the answer is no. Storage DRS will only take care of placement of VMDK files and will not be able to handle some failover from an unavailable datastore.

My VMware blog: www.rickardnobel.se
0 Kudos
MaresVelasco
Contributor
Contributor

thank you for the answer, how can i made redundacy on my datastores with my 2 datastore? (using NFS). I want to do if one DS failover make my VM work on a certain DS available? how can i made it?

Regarts

PS i using vSphere 5

0 Kudos
cmcminn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

SRM might be a possible solution for you in this scenario...

0 Kudos
MaresVelasco
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, thank you... i will try to do with this solution.

thanks

0 Kudos