MrVmware9423
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Showing Mutiple Path...

Dear Experts,

PLease find the below screenshot and please help me with the following points

Paths.JPG

1) y it's showing the 4 paths instead of 2 paths, i mean to say it has to show the folowing

vmhba1:c0:t0:L2

vmhba2:c0:t1:L2

2) What do you mean by target?

3) what is the difference between Active / Active (I/O).

Regards

MrVMware

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcelo_soares
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

MrVmware9423 wrote:

1) y it's showing the 4 paths instead of 2 paths, i mean to say it has to show the folowing

It means that both HBA's are seeing both storage controllers/processors. This is what your SAN configuration is presenting to the ESX.

Target is the storage controller/processor.

You probably is using FIXED multipathing policy, meaning you can only use 1 path for I/O, but the other paths are logged in and ready to receive IO in case of a failover.

Marcelo Soares

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
marcelo_soares
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

MrVmware9423 wrote:

It means that both HBA's are seeing both storage controllers/processors. This is what your SAN configuration is presenting to the ESX.

Target is the storage controller/processor.

You probably is using FIXED multipathing policy, meaning you can only use 1 path for I/O, but the other paths are logged in and ready to receive IO in case of a failover.

Marcelo Soares
0 Kudos
MrVmware9423
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Many Thanks Sir for the excellent explanation and you deserve the 10Points Smiley Happy

Regards

Muhammad Ahmed

0 Kudos
MrVmware9423
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Dear Marcelo,

as per ur comments it means that there is two HBA and two storage controller/processor. both can see each other. if target means storage controller/processor then in this scenario we have two storage controller/processor, but y it's showing 4targets below is the snap of the same  all target have unique serial number. there has to be only 2 targets bcoz we have 2 storage controller /processor.

Paths.JPG

regards

MrVMware.

0 Kudos