VMware Cloud Community
kappyninewood
Contributor
Contributor

Question around HP LH P4500

Hi, I just finished building out a P4500 at our Primary site and moving all the VMs off of local storage onto the newly created datastores. I now need to start building out our DR site, but our link between the two sites is not in place yet, so I need to build out the ESXi hosts and the second LH SAN at our Primary site.  I've seperated ISCSI traffic from the core by using TWO dedicated physical switches. These two switches are totally isolated from the VM traffic and only carry SAN traffic. And this setup will be mirrored at the DR site as well with the two dedicated ISCSI switches My question is: When I build out the DR SAN, I will need to connect it to the current CMC console to add LUNS, setup remote copy..etc  which is on a laptop connected , to the ISCSI switches, but when I eventually move the DR SAN TO THE DR site, I won't be able to see the SAN through CMC anymore and will have to install a local copy there to manage that SAN.  Will the remote copy still work? Or do I somehow need to get these switches to see each outher?

0 Kudos
0 Replies