beckhamk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Qlogic WWN question

All of the Qlogic 2464 hba's we have have their ports as 21 00 and 21 01

ie: 21 00 00 44 FF 22 B5 2E port 0 and 21 01 00 44 FF 22 B5 2E port 1

But we recently got a 2464 where the wwn looks like:

21 00 00 44 FF 22 B5 2E and 21 00 00 44 FF 22 B5 2F. So instead of the 21 00 and 21 01, the only the last hex value is changed. I know that these are different wwn's. But is this normal or what?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JimPeluso
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hey BeckhamK

I have an environment with all QLogic HBA's and sometimes the last Hex values are changed and sometimes the second set of HEX are different on the same HBA. As long as it's zoned correctly I wouldn't worry abou tit.

Take care,

Jim Peluso

"Keep Moving Forward"

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education."

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JimPeluso
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hey BeckhamK

I have an environment with all QLogic HBA's and sometimes the last Hex values are changed and sometimes the second set of HEX are different on the same HBA. As long as it's zoned correctly I wouldn't worry abou tit.

Take care,

Jim Peluso

"Keep Moving Forward"

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education."

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful"
0 Kudos
TheEsp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi

>> All of the Qlogic 2464 hba's we have have their ports as 21 00 and 21 01

This usally means you have a dual ported HBA and the 00 is port 0 and 01 is port 1.

Regards

David

TheEsp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi

>> All of the Qlogic 2464 hba's we have have their ports as 21 00 and 21 01

This usally means you have a dual ported HBA and the 00 is port 0 and 01 is port 1.

Regards

David

0 Kudos