VMware Cloud Community
RickJensen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Problem Removing Datastores in 5.5

I am having trouble removing some old datastores. They have been unmounted and detached, and show as (inactive) in vSphere. When I try to delete them, I get an error:

Operation failed, diagnostics report: Sysinfo error on operation returned status : Not found. Please see the VMkernel log for detailed error information

Any ideas? It happens on every datastore that I try.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RickJensen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The datastores were still showing connected to some hosts, I rescanned VMFS on those hosts and they went away and the datastores removed successfully. Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vfk
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

This KB article will assist you VMware KB: Unmounting a LUN or detaching a datastore/storage device from multiple VMware ESXi 5.x ho...

By the detaching the volume, you essentially remove it.  All you need to do now is update fc zone, and remove it from your storage.

--- If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points. vfk Systems Manager / Technical Architect VCP5-DCV, VCAP5-DCA, vExpert, ITILv3, CCNA, MCP
RickJensen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The datastores were still showing connected to some hosts, I rescanned VMFS on those hosts and they went away and the datastores removed successfully. Thanks!

0 Kudos