vSphere Storage Appliance

View Only
  • 1.  Newbie Questions on iSCSI Configuration

Posted Jul 14, 2009 02:48 AM

Hello everyone

I am new to VMware. I have couple of questions

a) Once I add a SendTargets Discovery IP Address, how can I refresh it? i.e., if a new target is visible via the discovery IP after it has already been added in VMware and I want it to show up.

b) Is there a provision to logout from a specifing IQN (San Identifier)? I have gone though VSphere Documentation and I could not find anything about it.

c) does VSphere have iSNS support as Linux (iscsiadm) Does ?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Newbie Questions on iSCSI Configuration
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 14, 2009 03:45 AM

Welcome to the Forums -

a) You will need to go to the Storage Adapter section of the ESX Host configuration in the vSphere client highlight iSCSI initator and click on the Rescan link - this cause a Send Target command to be sent sllowing for the discovery of new targets

b) No there is not a way to logout of a specific IQN that I know of

c) At this vSphere I do not believe vSphere supports iSNS -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

• 3.  RE: Newbie Questions on iSCSI Configuration

Posted Jul 14, 2009 05:31 AM

Hi,

b) You can disable to use specfic iSCSI (so specific IQN) by unclicking on iSCSI Initiator properties --> General Tab --> Configure --> Unclick Enable Option

Thanks

• 4.  RE: Newbie Questions on iSCSI Configuration

Posted Jul 14, 2009 07:23 PM

Hello Everyone,

Rightnow, I re-scan the discovery address to see new IQNs that are available. I thought if there is any other way. I got my answer though :smileyhappy:

Thanks for helping me out here.

Cheers