VMware Cloud Community
kericm
Contributor
Contributor

Multipathing Settings and HP MSA2000

I am in the process of upgrading all of our hosts to ESXi 4.1 from ESX 4 and I am trying to figure out what the best pathing settings are for our MSA 2000 fibre SAN. We have an HP EVA SAN that has a nice long document on best practices for VMWare and I have made the recommended config changes on the ESXi hosts for the EVA LUNs, which is switching to round-robin and setting IOPs limit to 1. Unfortunatly I can't find any documentation for our MSA 2000 regarding multipathing or any best practices document for VMware from HP.  I have a feeling just putting it to round robin and setting the IOPs limit to 1 for the MSA is not going to work out too well, so does anyone have any insight on what the best practices for multipathing are for a HP MSA 2000 fibre SAN?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
thecakeisalie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

All of the NMP/PSP information for what you can set on the devices from any particular storage array can be found on the VMware HCL:

http://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php?deviceCategory=san

Click on the version of ESX that you're looking for, then click on "FC", then ignore the rest of the options and type "MSA" into the search box - then you can click on the model of array that you have and it will show you whether or not you can use Round Robin or if you have to use MRU

0 Kudos