VMware Cloud Community
prutter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Issue With New iSCSI adapters

i had to replace my iSCSI HBA's with now one and fro some reason can't find my storage. Checked the config on the crds during boot up and everything looks good there. Triple checked all the settings in vCenter and they all look correct. I can ping the cards. Everything looks correct but when i rescan the HBA's i see no storage. What the heck am i missing? Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

What type of storage are you connecting to? Maybe there an issue with your storage that the MAC Address change dof the HBAs

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
prutter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This is an IBM N3600 (aka Netapp 2050). I have two other hosts and everything looks the same as the other hosts. i setup this host in the beginning but now i can't get it to go.

0 Kudos
binoche
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

my guess new iSCSI HBA has new iSCSI name, do you need change to lun masking to new iSCSI name on NetAPP?

binoche, VMware VCP, Cisco CCNA

prutter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I checked that part as well. I had this host installed before and i covered all the steps that i did when i installed. After a while i ended up calling vmware and we found out that vmware was seing the info from the old cards so the tech did a esxcfg with an option to clear the old info. (sorry not sure what switch he used) after that we did a rescan and all the datastores showed up. Very odd to me. My trainign wheels are still on. Thanks again for all the replies. I love this site.

0 Kudos