VMware Cloud Community
CSHAW78
Contributor
Contributor

How to unselect Disable Storage DRS for this virtual machine

I have several VM's where "Disable storage DRS for this virtual machine" is selected and greyed out when we attempt to move the virtual machines storage to another datastore. However when I edit our SDRS cluster the virtual machine settings are set to  "Default (Fully Automated)". My question is how do I unselect "Disable storage DRS for this virtual machine" and enable SDRS again. Thanks in advance Chris

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Does this help?

http://pubs.vmware.com/vsphere-50/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.vmware.vsphere.troubleshooting.doc_50%2FGUI...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
CSHAW78
Contributor
Contributor

This looks like the issue: * The virtual machine is being Storage DRS placed with manually specified datastores. but the documentation doesn't give any indication on how to configure this as SDRS specified datastore. The SDRS setting for the VM is set to Automatic.

0 Kudos