VMware Cloud Community
hoon0715
Contributor
Contributor

Difference between the free capacity of the datastore and the free capacity of the LUN is too large.

Hi, all.

The free capacity of the datastore displayed in vCenter and the free capacity displayed in the storage array are different.

I'm not sure, but I know that the capacity of the datastore and LUN does not display the exact same capacity.
But in my case, the difference is very large.
The datastore that is displayed in vCenter has 20TB of space remaining, and the LUN that is displayed in the Storage array has 4TB of space remaining.

I checked if UNMAP worked on the device using esxtop, and UNMAP was definitely working. (The value of DELETE is counted)

How can I explain this problem to the customer?
Is there anything I missed?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
e_espinel
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello.
You need screenshots of both the vcenter (Storage) and Storage Arrays, Volumes Pools ... etc
Depending on the Storage it could be that you have 5 Arrays of 4TB each one inside a Pool of 20TB.

Enrique Espinel
Senior Technical Support on IBM, Lenovo, Veeam Backup and VMware vSphere.
VSP-SV, VTSP-SV, VTSP-HCI, VTSP
Please mark my comment as Correct Answer or assign Kudos if my answer was helpful to you, Thank you.
Пожалуйста, отметьте мой комментарий как Правильный ответ или поставьте Кудо, если мой ответ был вам полезен, Спасибо.
0 Kudos