VMware Cloud Community
Mautje
Contributor
Contributor

Datastore browser limit?

I've got a strange issue with the VMware datastore browser.

I've got VCenter5 installed and 2 hosts also ESXi5

Shared data is located on NFS located on a Windows 2008R2 host.

I've got a few NFS shared folders but one with a lot of ISO files doesn't show any files in the browser.

I am able to create a new folder (so no simple permission issue) but that one also gets its "invisibility bit" turned on immediately. When I look at the filesystem on the Win2k8R2 host itself I can see the newly created folder.

The other shared folders show their contents normally. I've recreated a share on another physical drive filling it with about 50 Gigs of iso files copied from the original location but same result in the browser: all invisible.

Any idea what I'm missing except for the files?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
milton123
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

In default installion of apache2.2 on debian never enable mod_rewrite default. So you may need to enable .  First install the apache2.2 with this command : debian user please use “su” before start this process ubuntu user please use “sudo su” before start this process  apt-get install apache2 (it will install apache 2.2)  on current debian system you can enable mod_rewrite with simple command  a2enmod rewrite

Cheers, Yours Udin

0 Kudos
mcowger
Immortal
Immortal

I've seen this happen before when there were tons of files in a single folder.....

--Matt VCDX #52 blog.cowger.us
mcowger
Immortal
Immortal

I'm not really sure what DEbian's mod_rewrite has to do with anything....

--Matt VCDX #52 blog.cowger.us
0 Kudos
Mautje
Contributor
Contributor

It sure seems to be related.

I've now created a new (empty) datastore and started syncronizing the iso files into it from the other location (just using copy on the Windows 2008R2 host).

I'm at about 80 files now, so far all visible. I also added some useless text files to the folder to see what will happen.

Does anyone have an idea what might be the cause of this?

Update: I stop at al little over 100 files but still everything is visible. Looks like there is some sort of enumeration issue. Could it be that it takes a very very long time for initial enumeration? I waited at least an hour with the first tries.

0 Kudos