VMware Cloud Community
TheVMinator
Expert
Expert

Changing Path Selection Policy

I need to change the PSP on my ESXi hosts from Fixed to MRU as per storage vendor recommendation.  Should I plan to put my host in maintenance mode to do this and move the vms off it?  What is the likelihood that changing this with running Vms pn these datastores will affect virtual machines?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I changed the path policy (during non-peak times) a couple of times without ever having any issues.

André

TheVMinator
Expert
Expert

Ok thanks.  Any other experiences / recommendations?

0 Kudos
mbriois
Contributor
Contributor

I changed the path policy a few times without ever having any issues whether it be from fixed, MRU or RR.

Juste like andre said, could not be bad to do this during non-peak times but i really think it will be seamless anyway

0 Kudos
vfk
Expert
Expert

Even though you can change PSP without much of problem, you should consider how the LUNs are used and if you have Microsoft Clusters, if so, it would probably be to do it off-peak hours for those luns.

--- If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points. vfk Systems Manager / Technical Architect VCP5-DCV, VCAP5-DCA, vExpert, ITILv3, CCNA, MCP
0 Kudos