VMware Cloud Community
kumvi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Adding Virtual disk to a new VM having no disks, configured

I am trying to add a new disk using "vdiskcreate.pl" to my VM created without any initial disks.

Command is :

"/usr/lib/vmware-vcli/apps/vm/vdiskcreate.pl --server testserver --username testuser --password testpwd --filename testvm --backingtype thin --disksize 40960"

I get the following error:

"Can't call method "key" on an undefined value at /usr/lib/vmware-vcli/apps/vm/vdiskcreate.pl line 82."

But if I add the first disk manually using vCenter and then run the above command to add other disks, it works fine.

Can someone help me?

I basically want to clean the disks after every installation. If not done, the vmdk file size keeps growing.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Welcome to the VMware communities.

Your thread has been moved to vSphere Storage forum. is reserved for questions and problems using the Communities platform, e.g. questions about your account, profile, posting on the discussion boards, rewards points, etc.

---

Alex Maier

VMware Communities Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Welcome to the VMware communities.

Your thread has been moved to vSphere Storage forum. is reserved for questions and problems using the Communities platform, e.g. questions about your account, profile, posting on the discussion boards, rewards points, etc.

---

Alex Maier

VMware Communities Manager

0 Kudos