VMware {code} Community
morr25
Contributor
Contributor

Deep Recursion in Perl API Script

We're running vSphere CLI 5.0.0 on a RHEL 5.8 server for many things, including VM backups.  The backup script hasn't changed in quite some time, but now I'm seeing the following error messages on one on my datastores: Deep recursion on subroutine "ComplexType::deserialize" at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/VMware/VICommon.pm line 2346.  As far as I can tell the datastore is fully operational & it has no obvious errors.  I'm not sure if this is a true problem which is killing some VM backups, or if it is just a warning. Does anyone know what is causing this, and where I can go to further research it?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
stumpr
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Sounds like there may be an infinite recusion going on.

You say it's only on one datastore?

Reuben Stump | http://www.virtuin.com | @ReubenStump
0 Kudos
morr25
Contributor
Contributor

It seems so.  I have three distinct vCenter environments @ three sites that I back up (all from this same server).  None of the other two have this problem.  Furthermore, even the site that is having the issue has multiple datastores, and it seems they too have no issues.  Unfortunately, it's the biggest datastore at the biggest site that is having the problem.

I have looked at the VMs in the datastore, and there is nothing unusual about them that I can see.  The VMs themselves appear to be valid, and we don't run any "odd" configurations (e.g. RDM).  In other words, I don't know where the recursion is coming from, or what started it.

0 Kudos
vsusheelkumar
Contributor
Contributor

I am also seeing the same message...why we are seeing this and any Solution for this?

<snip>

Deep recursion on subroutine "ComplexType::deserialize" at /usr/lib/perl5/5.12.3/VMware/VICommon.pm line 2346.

Deep recursion on subroutine "ComplexType::deserialize" at /usr/lib/perl5/5.12.3/VMware/VICommon.pm line 2346.

</snip>

0 Kudos