VMware {code} Community
StephenNordlund
Contributor
Contributor

Android java.rmi.exception

I've been attempting to utilize the java SDK on the android platform, but have run into an issue where the java.rmi is not included in the version of java that the android utilizes. Does anyone know of a good way to integrate the SDK for Java on the Android due to the limitation above?

The type java.rmi.RemoteException cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files

on

si = new ServiceInstance(new URL("https://ip/sdk"), "user", "password", true);

or

The import java.rmi cannot be resolved

on

import java.rmi.RemoteException;

0 Kudos
2 Replies
thesaint2011
Contributor
Contributor

I am not sure what sdk you are using, if you use vijava, you can modify the source code and removethe rmi exception with a custom one.

0 Kudos
RajeJ
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I am seeing the same problem.  I am calling vijava (vsphere SDK for java) from a stand alone java program.  It is working perfectly fine.

I have created an android application.  Calling the VM service instance from android application gives the same error.

ServiceInstance si = new ServiceInstance

(new URL(Config.getVmwareHostURL()), Config.getVmwareLogin(), Config.getVmwarePassword(), true);

Pl help me with the solution.  I have added the JAR file vijava2120100824.jar in my android application build path (eclipse IDE).

Appreciate your input.

0 Kudos