Contributor
Contributor

vsphere replication appliance and vsphere replication server

Jump to solution

hi

i want to deploy vsphere replication appliance in my scenario but Because of large number of virtual machine i decide to use vsphere replication server too.

now my question ...

according to sensivity and importance of vsphere replication managment (configure and database ) which one is recommended :

1 - create one vsphere replication and additional vphere replication server that both of them replicate vm

2 - (my opinion) create vsphere replication managment but create 2 additional vsphere replication server to replicate vm and VRM managing replication

in vmware which one is recommended (if you have refrences pls ...)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

To begin with, only one VRM appliance can be registered with the vCenter server and rest can be add-on servers.

Operational Limits of vSphere Replication

View solution in original post

6 Replies
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi

The embedded VR appliance is capable of handling 200 VM replications. If you wish to manage the replications just through the add-on servers, you can do that as well.

If the environment is feasible to provide resources for multiple add-on servers, you can set that up.

Remember, when replicating VMs between 2 vCenter servers target VR server is used to manage these replications. If replications are just one way, you can deploy 2 add-on servers just at the target and if replication is bidirectional, then you can configure add-on servers at both sites.

If you are replicating VMs within the same vCenter, you can register add-on servers within the same vCenter.

I hope that helps.

Leadership
Leadership

Is this an SRM question, a vSphere Replication question, or a bit of both?

0 Kudos
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Scott,

This one is related to vSphere replication.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for your answer

But is there any references to tell best practice for use of additional vsphere replication server ? I meant that best practice is we use multiple additional vsphere replication server with VRM to manage or one vsphere replication manager with vsphere replication server  to replicate ? please reffer to reference

thanks

0 Kudos
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

To begin with, only one VRM appliance can be registered with the vCenter server and rest can be add-on servers.

Operational Limits of vSphere Replication

View solution in original post

Leadership
Leadership

Moderator: Thread moved to the vSphere Replication area.

0 Kudos