Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vsphere replication 6.5.1.4 won't correctly install

Hi all,

My plateform :

esxi 6.5.0 Update 1 (Build 5969303)

vcenter 6.5.0.1.4000

My problem :

I have an issu with vsphere replication 6.5.1.4.

I have deployed the OVF with the 5 files (cert, mf, ovf and 2 vmdk), during the configuration I choose the ipv4 static address, then I assign the NTP, DNS, Gateway, IP and Netmask (not the domain and the domain search) and put a password with 8 characters.
The OVF is deploying good.

When I start the OVF, I have a lot of error messages like "Could not obtain OVF environment from the RPC Tool/Guest Tools no value found" / "Initialization error: no element found: line1, column 0"

And I finally see the blue pages that telling me "NO NETWORKING DETECTED"

I try to logging but the root user won't loggin...

I've tried to reset the root password (by mounting the "/" during the boot) but even with this, I can't loggin with root to configure the network.

Can anybody help me ?

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ardaneh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

when you deploy vSphere Replication, there will be a file called "ovfEnv.xml" which can cause lots of problems! one of the main reasons for these problems is related to the deployment process, for example, if you try to deploy the OVF file directly from the ESXi host client console.

Whenever you perform a hard "power-off" of the appliance the "ovfEnv.xml" file will be refreshed and it will re-populate the information during the booting process, so please try this solution, perform hard power-off and check if the problem is solved.

I remember that we had some kind of problem once related to the network when we attempted to deploy the OVF file, and I tried to deploy it with assigning a new port group from my standard switch, not vDS, so if you are using vDS you can check this too.

I hope this could be helpful

0 Kudos
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi

1. Please ensure vCenter managed server address is set --> Configure Runtime Settings for vCenter Server

2. Ensure vSphere replication is deployed through vCenter web client(Flash)

I hope that helps

0 Kudos
vlaneo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

hi all,

thanks for your reply and I'm sorry to answer it just now, but unfortunately, both of yours idea didn't work.

I've deployed the OVF with the flash ui

I've tried with the replication 6.5.1.3 and same problem.

I can't login in the replication ovf, the root password don't want to work, even if I reset it. But something went wrong, when I exit the console after changing the password, I have my keyboard who became a christmas tree (the caps and scroll lock are blinking). I have always the same issu (tried 4 install, and it appears everytime)

I'm out again of idea...

0 Kudos